1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by djscott, May 17, 2005.

1. djscott

djscott LawnSite Member

Well I finally got it home. I was torn on which brand to get and I decided to stay with DC. I could'nt be happier, this mower ( 24hp Generac, 50"deck) absolutley rocks. The improvments they have made comparing it to my 13 year old coatsville classic is unbeleavable. Anyone considering a new zero turn for there personal use should test drive one of these. Built like a tank and the most bang for your buck. I know some will no doubt want to debate that but let me tell ya, its my mower and my opinion and this thing mows like a dream, right down to stripping perfectly even without a kit. :)
  2. RayoVac

RayoVac LawnSite Member

If you don't mind me asking... what was your price out the door for your Silver Eagle... and did you have any other options on it?
  3. djscott

djscott LawnSite Member

I gave 6400.00 out the door and loaded on my trailer for mine. The 24 hp generac came with the external oil cooler and better air filter assemble.
    I did'nt have a problem payin 6400. because its a new 05 and my dealer was a no bs kinda guy who has a reputation for standing behind his product. besides this unit is bullet proof tough and built like a tank.
  4. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

Congrats....post some pictures.
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

The unit we sell same as the above with a 44" deck goes for 5595.00.

Happy Mowing dj :drinkup:
  6. RayoVac

RayoVac LawnSite Member

Do you guys know if DC makes a collection systems for the Silver Eagles that utilizes any kind of Cloth bag system vs. the Dump from seat Metal Hopper? I checked their web site and it only appears as though the Metal Hopper, Dump from seat scenario exists.
  7. djscott

djscott LawnSite Member

resto, thats a great price, to bad I'm in Ohio and not Fla or I would have defently looked you up. Mine worked out to 5984.00 + tax. that was the best I could do in my area. The other option was a 04 w/20 hp for 5500. +tax. I decided to spend the extra 450.00 and get a 05 with 4/7 (24 and 27 hp generacs are the same engine) extra hp and the better oil/air system. I was leary about mentioning the price in fear it would start a debate between dealers or someone would tell me I paid to much, after the fact. I guess it all boils down to personal preferance and location.
    I'll try to post some pics if I can figure out how to resize them so they'll fit on here.