1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dixie chopper striping kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcjrfl, Jun 1, 2000.

1. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

do any of you guys use striping kits on your dixie choppers. do they help or does the double blade system do an adequate job. i know that alternating the direction of the cut will do the job but is the kit necessary.thanks

2. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

JcJrfl, My Choppers stripe well without the kit. I just bought all the material to make the striping kit on my own and spent about $70.00. I have not put it together yet because it's been a crazy month as you probrobly know. I just thought I would do it for the fun of it. I think the kit from Dixie cost about $350.00<p>Chris

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I don't use a striping kit.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

4. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

I think a dixie chopper wpuld look great with hand painted pin striping.<p>Grin

5. MLS

MLS LawnSite Member

Would someone please tell me what the striping kit consists of and how it is configured. I know that it uses chains but I need to know how it is put together. I would like to make one for my Ferris walkbehind as well as my yazoo

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

BLESS YOU