Dixie chopper twin engine is back with 54 HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JCLawn and more, Mar 26, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

2. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Yikes, how can you comment on something like that. The chopper R&D guys must have been drinking beers when deep sea fishing and came up with the idea after looking at two outboard motors.

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

Well they use to make them back in the 90's when the biggest engine you could get was 20hp and it was not enough. So then they put to 20's together to get 40hp. Generac might of discontinued the 33 hp engine and they might of did it for the same reason again. They also discontinued their diesels and they might of done it for those guys. I'd buy it if it was propane.

4. JCLawn and more

from MI

Nope they still have the 33hp engine. Now they have a 40hp kholer engine for the other 74inch mower.

5. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats cool about it is you can run 1 or 2 engines. If 1 engine ever went down, you would always have an onboard backup, lol.

I can't imagine what somebody would have to cut to need 54hp though. My racing quads, YFZ450s, only have like 45hp.

6. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Boohoo ha ha ha! How much? Where do I sign? That just looks fun. MORE POWER!

Seriously, what's list? I do love those DC boys. That's swimming against the current eh?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

13 grand is what it says. That not bad

8. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

10. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member