Dixie Chopper versus Husltler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshcut, Apr 25, 2002.

1. freshcut

freshcut LawnSite Member

I've debating on buying a Dixie Chopper or a Hustler zero turn mower. Anybody have any feedback or suggestions on why to buy one versus the other. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

In my opinion its Hustler all the way !!!!
    But I may be little biased........:D

You will find the Hustler to cut better and handle better than the competition do to its deck design and blade tip speed. The handling of this mower is second to none, its low center of gravity and wide tire stance make this unit handle awesome in all conditions and handles hills with ease, you will feel quite safe on it. You sit much lower to the ground compared to the Chopper.
    If you are comparing apples to apples (hp, hydros, and deck sizes) then the Hustler will come out on top !!
    Demo, demo, demo.......
    Just look at the fit and finish, the Hustler is better built all the way around.
    Let me know if you have any other questions

Later
    Pj

3. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Test both mowers in heavy thick grass and that should answer your questions! I tested a super z against a flatlander I bought the flatlander.

4. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

super z all the way

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Only Dixie Chopper has the Flex-Deck.

If you want a mower that performs and mows with the best and trims in more places that any, go Dixie with the Flex-Deck Trimming Attachment. If you want to just compare ZTR's and do not want the trimming attachment, test drive a lot of brands, there are a lot of good mowers out there.

Thanks, Brad

6. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

Test all of them, there are alot of good ones out there!
    BUT, in my opinion, after you try a Hustler, you will throw rocks at all the rest!!

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned dixie's for years tried out a hustler super z last year but bought a bladerunner instead. However I do agree with rwleigh put the hustler in heavy grass and compare it to the chopper. Dixie is a simpler machine with less on it to go wrong! If you can demo all of them.

8. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Dixie is the machine of all machines. Im glad to say bye bye to my Lazer Z. Dont miss that machine. Glad im a Dixie man now. Double blade all the way !

Eric Goodwin
    Pro-LawnCare.com

9. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Put them in the grass and mow with them! I did and would have bought a dixie but I to demoed a bladerunner and bought it instead. Dixie would be my next choice! good luck and also check to see which dealer will take care of you!!

10. 1 cutter

1 cutter LawnSite Member

pro-lawn

i'm just north of you in iowa.

i have a lazer z and thought it was the best.

i demoed a dixie xf2600-60 and a hustler super z was seriously confused of to which was the better machine.

today a guy from ft. madison stopped while i was doing a large cemetary (20+ acres) i have and asked me to demo a Blade Runner.

this machine is the best cutting and fastest machine i've ever been on over my 25+ years cutting.

if you get a chance, you should get in touch with him for a demo, when you get back on your dixie, you'll think you're on a crapsman.

he's on here, but i'm not sure of his handle, he has RPM Sales & Service in ft. madison, iowa.

in fact he's a dixie, walker and hustler dealer too!

but, in all honesty, you should check this machine out, i'll be trading my Lazer for it (if he'll take it, lol)