Dixie Chopper X2003-50

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ftgulal, Jan 16, 2006.

1. ftgulal

ftgulal LawnSite Member

Looking at purchasing a new dixie chopper, any pros or cons? Also I am looking at the dump from the seat bagger, but also offered is a 3 bag unit that manually is dumped. It is about a 1000 cheaper, has anyone used either of these and which bags the best?
  2. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

have 2 choppers ...love em both tough,,,not great on hills, but otherwise no negatives. Never used a dump season
  3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Talk with Lawnworks on here, he runs two and knows all about them. He also runs Hustlers as well.
  4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I don't use the bagger, but the Dixie Chopper's are great.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I can't give an opinion on the bagger but I can on the mower. While the 20 horse engine will do an adequate job I recommend stepping up to the 25. It will give you a reserve capacity on the engine power that the 20 doesn't have.

Did your area recently get a Dixie Chopper dealership? I own property just south of Simpson and I also have a trailer in Washington and the last time I was down there in October I noticed a lot of Dixies running around.

If you get your Dixie I may want to get a price from you for cutting my 2-1/2 acres.