1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sunrise, May 8, 2000.

1. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Looking at a Chopper 72in Diesel (XXWD5000)<br>How good is this machine on slopes and inclines. Is the diesel a good option or would gas be better<br>Sunrise

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I couldn't tell you about the diesel but I have a 72&quot; 25 Kohler and can say with confidence I haven't feared a slope yet! Up, down, sideways, it hangs in there like a biscuit! I have heard the diesel is not proportioned right and will pop wheelies going up hills, not so with the gas.<p>Homer

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The new 2000 models should have a solid steel front bumper to help hold down the front ends. The 72&quot; models are more front heavy anyway, so you shouldn't have much of a problem with a XXWD model. My advice is to demo one and find out. I know the gas model doesn't have that problem. It's like a mountain goat at climbing hills. A demo of both models on your worst hill should help you decide. Let us know what you decide.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>