dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by katie, Jul 6, 2005.

1. katie

katie LawnSite Member

:realmad: :realmad: Im about to chunk down 5K on a new DC-34 in. cut / 22 hp/. seems to be a fine machine - does anyone have any experience w/ this Brand & if so tell me if these things are as good as I've heard?

2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

is it a 34 or a 36???

3. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I have had terrible service, from (2) local dealers and been disregarded by Dixie Chopper in Coatesville. My 2003 DC (over $8,000) has been sitting idle in the shop for (4) weeks now!!!

We cannot find the problem and the dealers don't care!!! They said they cannot find anything wrong with it. Whenever I cut for more than 30 minutes, it starts choking out and quits running until it cools off. I would say this is a useless piece of junk at this point.

I am sad to say that I will never purchase anything made by DC again, and this is my fifth Dixie. I cannot believe they refuse to work on the equipment.

Again, no help from the service department at either dealer, or the main office, here in Indiana.

Be careful...by the way, there are better choices for a ZTR. See my previous posts regarding this issue. I am not just venting!

4. shep2004

shep2004 LawnSite Member

Hey On My Own,
    You should call Riner Enterprises just outside of Advance in Boone County, They have a mechanic there that has 15 years of experience. His name is Andy. Im sorry you are disappointed in service but I guess you didnt select the right dealer support.

Any questions and you can email me at sheppy_2001usa@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Kyle Shepherd

5. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Is one of the dealers Carmel Welding? Just curious, because everytime I go to buy Stihl equipment (thousands of dollars by the way) they don't give great service almost no service. Glad I bought a hustler instead of DC due directly to the service issue. Do you know any other stihl dealers on the north side of Indy? Thanks

Cutter LLC

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Man I feel your PAIN. Add to that a distributor, multiple machines and a TON more downtime... and you would have my experience with Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna.

But in all honesty, your problems sounds like a simple bad coil or a vapr-lock condition. Is it a Kohler engine?

You know Dixie has their own forum like this right? Just type www. (then) lawn (then) forums (then) .com with everything between the dots as all one word.

Now go stir a good stink!

Katie,

You may want to go there too as there is probably more Dixie Chopper feedback there.

7. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

It is a good place. You will get help with your DC problem there. I still spend 95% of my time here. But I am a DC fan and check out that one also from time to time.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

You know, yesterday I stopped by the Hustler dealer here (he also carries, or did carry DC). I wanted to see if he had any of those new Hustler walkbehinds. He was telling me they don't seem to be the same company anymore. I'm trying to be nice about it here per Seans warning.