Dixie Chopper!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joedaddy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. joedaddy

joedaddy LawnSite Member

I want some feedback on anybody who has owned a dixie chopper. I have a 50 inch that I bought last year. It has 215 hrs on it. I have went through several belts (drive,deck,&pto). The dealership has no explanation of the problem and it is costing me a lot of money. Anybody else having this problem.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie has there own forum which would probably be of more help to you.
    Here is a quote to help you get there.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I had a problem with the engine to deck belt on both of my machines.. Each of them broke 3 times. Both had under a couple hundred hours when it happened and they both stopped breaking after the 3rd belt and approximately 300+ hours on the machines. No explanation and kinda weird. It drove me nutz.... :dizzy:

4. cash_money

cash_money LawnSite Member
    from usa

i had the same problem with my flatlander that i bought brand new and found out that my pully in the back and where the pully gose to turn the blades weren't lined up right so my blets were going at an angle and was causeing the blades to brake you might want to check to see if where your pully is under the motor is level and not at an angle my dealer dealer did this for me so your dealer should make your back pully line up right.