Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by intercoastal, Jul 24, 2006.

1. intercoastal

intercoastal LawnSite Member

Please let me now what you guys think of these mowers?
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

fast, reliable, and more than powerful. but from what i'm told the cut is so-so, not bad, but not great. other than that i've heard nothing but good things about them. i would not think twice about buying a propane powered model. which model are you thinking of.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

So in other words you can't comment cause you have never owned one, right? You don't have to post in every thread.
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search. This has been covered with atleast 50 threads asking the same thing.
  5. nbizati

nbizati LawnSite Member

i HAVE A 60" DIXIE CHOPPER. It is built like a tank. cut is very good unlike other post said. I would recommend getting a strip kit with it because it doesn't stripe that great without one. My next mower is going to be either a scag or dixie. IMO these are the only ones that overbuilt and really last a long time if you do routine maintenance (grease fittings, lube, etc.):sleeping:
  6. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I don't own one but i always look at the other guys cut and every dixie i see or exmark the cut looks great I use a Cub Zwing I bought 3 months ago now i know what questions to ask like how much for replacement blades , how long on part orders just things to look into as well
  7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

my dixie is still cutting after 10 years
  8. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I've seen many ads about them, but I've never used on and No ONE in my area has one. Everyone in my area has a Scag or an Exmark.
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What model are you looking at? There are many, and thats if your looking new. If your looking at used, there are MANY more. Some to stay away from.

As a previous owner, I'd be happy to help you.
  10. intercoastal

intercoastal LawnSite Member