1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Lawn, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Hey anybody use the unit Dixie CHopper ?? The Model that has 2 20 horse Kohler motors on it ?? Is it everything they say it is ? Im shopping around looking for good advise , im currently using exmark 25horse 60 in . And a walker bagger unit for small res.

:blob3: pro-lawncare.com :blob3:
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

There are a few members that have the XXW4000. Lynn Gorell has 2 of them now and TLBumpus in Ky has one and other members have them too. They sure will cut some grass. I tested one out at an open house, but I like to keep my deck sizes all the same size, which is 60". 40 horsepower is nice when you get in tall thick grass. It plows right through it. As far as I know they are holding up good like the 60" models. If you have some big lawns to cut, that or the 50 hp diesel would do the job. ;)
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend with 2 of them,he has huge.spindle driven baggers for them.They are 98's Im pretty sure,he loves them,only thing her had to do was make a deflector for the front of the deck,the grass blew out and up all over the operators.This guy beats his stuff up bad,they look 10 yrs old,but operate good.
  4. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

i have not tested the twin 20, myself. I however operate a 2000 Flatlander chopper which cuts grass great. And our newest addition the 26hp diesel with 60 inch deck, it out cuts the gas chopper, it will cut in the rain without a problem and can handle thick and tall fields incredibly well. You cant go wrong with the choppers, and dont forget the double blades all the way.
    I have tested an exmark for a day last year, i couldnt buy one.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Turfclippings, I sure do like my diesel Chopper. It is a work horse for sure. ;)