Dixie chopper ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Nov 24, 2006.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Do they come with the mulching leaver when you buy them? Do they discharge and mulch well ?

2. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think you can go wrong with either dixie or bobcat. I run all bobcat and the only problem I've had was the kawi carb flooding . I've tried a dixie and liked it and am considering getting a dixie in the spring. Both are good mowers but different looks and the vtc is alittle different on the dixie. Best bet is to try both and see which one you like better because they are both very good machines. Also the last time I looked I think the bobcat 33hp was cheaper then the dixie 33hp.

3. LawnMowerKing10

TJ Land How did you get the image next to your screen name ?

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

37 miles is not very far unless your walking... That won't get you off the ranch in Texas

5. LawnMowerKing10

ya haha !!!!

6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't recomend the 33hp Dixie Chopper (the eXtreme), they have had plenty of pump problems and stuff with them, I would recomend the Flatlander (27hp Kohler) or the Supreme (28hp EFI Kohler), the Supreme is the best IMO for reliability and performance...

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's called an OCDC and Dixie was the first to have it. It's intention is not to mulch but to keep clippings from going where you don't want them when you're mowing. If you mulch with it the OCDC will leave a windrow of grass where-ever you go.

Most Dixies with the exception of the base models come with the OCDC.

Dixies discharge grass very well with the exception of crabgrass. They are absolutely awful in crabgrass.

8. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Just go into your user CP (control panel) almost at the top of the screen and go to Avatar...then pick one or make your own

9. LawnMowerKing10

ok i did it thanks tjlands!!!

10. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

The Extreme was the model, I have been looking at.
    I figured with the hp and a name like that it would have to be there best. lol
    I think I'm going to check out the Hustlers, before I buy the Bobcat.