Dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by caseysmowing, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

One can run any pressure they want, This is from the 2008 Classic owner's manual;

I'll have to admit, this is the first time I've looked it up. Was told many years ago 8 lbs on rear.

This is from the 2012 Classic manual;

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

You're confusing the Silver Eagle with the Classic..
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Got a 2011 2750 Classic. My dad isn't heavy enough like I am. When he bounces the engine starts to die and sometimes will backfire. I only see one plug for the seat that is plugged directly into the seat if I unplug the one pictured mower will start but when I release parking break it will die. I'm guessing I'm unhooking the wrong one?

Dixie Seat..jpg

4. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

If its like mine it's on the cross member where the back edge of the seat hits. I can't remember it's a 3 or 4 prong plug.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Greg78

Okay will go check it out.

6. Greg78

Just went and checked the back rail the seat rests on. I don't have a switch there.

Dixie back seat rail..jpg

7. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Flow the seat wire back until it comes to Another plug. The one I unplugged had A few wires going to it your mower looks a little different thAn mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Greg78

Okay I followed the wires goes into a harness then branches off to control lever switch, parking brake switch, into engine then to under control panel. I didn't see any other switches. I've got to be missing something.

9. Greg78

It wouldn't bother me to not have any safeties at all. My Exmark Lazer has had them all disabled since 2008. No employees ever run the machines. IMO the best safety is between my ears.