Dixie Chopper!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Feb 19, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a dixie chopper x2400-50. It has'nt arrived yet. It is used, and the man who sold it to me said it had a 22 horse motor. According to the website (dixie website), this should be a 24 horse motor. Am I reading this right? X is mower width (stance), 24 is hp, 00 means deluxe commercial and 50 is deck width in inches. Did this apply to this model? He said it was a 1995 model. I can't wait to try it out. Any advice on this machine would be great.

d7_1_b.jpg

2. matthew horner

Here's a picture showing the model number. Its hard to read. Sorry.

b2_1.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

www.elmlawnsite.com click on equipment page, this guy was really well known here (until he died couple years ago) and was very instrumental in starting and helping these lawn forum boards. He had a X2400 that had a 22hp. This is one of the only DC models i've heard of that go against the model number rule...

Anyway, congrats on the new machine and let us know how you love it!

4. matthew horner

I just noticed........looks like I'm going to be missing an arm rest!

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like he took good care of it, except it is missing the OCDC and the spindle covers on the deck. Also looks like the right anti scalp wheel is missing too.

Mine is missing the right armrest too. Because every time I get on it I use the right side for leverage.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to get the tires looked at too. The right hand tire is mounted backwards.

7. matthew horner

Yeah, he said he'd turn that tire around. OCDC, is that the deck discharge cover. I've gotta get these parts.

8. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I'll admit first that I have neither owned nor driven a dixie chopper but from all the pictures I have seen they look like one ugly machine. The decks look flimsy and everything is so boxy. Does anyone else feel that way? Not that style is a big issue but the machines look like they are 20 years old.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

People usually only feel that way until they buy one. Then, in most cases, the only way you'd get their Dixie is when you pried it from their cold, dead hands.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Matthew, check your private message box.