Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by knuckshemi, Mar 17, 2004.

1. knuckshemi

knuckshemi LawnSite Member

Can any one give me information about the Dixie Chopper? I need three of them. They have a 33 hp Generac engine. Do not know anything about the Generac. also what about Bad Boy?

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Dixie Chopper makes one great mower - So does Bad Boy -
    [​IMG]

dixie flexed up - best.jpg

3. Flex-Deck

Bad Boy also is heavy heavy duty
    [​IMG]

bad boy-front view-transport.jpg

4. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I can for sure tell you that you are taking a gamble with the gen.. But not every thing is written in stone, you could have a lemon with a kohler or Yanamar. Highly unlikely, but it could happen. Take it from me gen. may be ooo-k, but don't chance it when you have the kohler option. They are the most dependable, stout motor ever put on a mower. I just bought a 28hr efi. fuel injected supreme mowchine 2004 60", 11 or 12 mph I love it., The gen. your talking about is probly the Xtreme mowchine rite(15mph)? I was in love with idea of that speed but you really don't need it. Best buy go'in rite now is the flat lander 27hr. check it out.

good luck:D

5. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I have had numerous problems with my 30 hp Generac.

6. moss

moss LawnSite Member

7. moss

moss LawnSite Member

I like Dixies, have had 3. The first one i had over 7 years and it was 3 when I bought it. It still ran and cut good but the deck was wearing thin and the bearings had bore about they could bear. Dont know much about the generic motor but Kohler has been good to me. Another plus about Dixies is they are made in USA.

8. Jerry L

Jerry L LawnSite Member

knuchshemi,

We had some problems with starters in 2002, carbs in early 2003, since Dixie started buying the "Gray" 33HP engines, they have been very good. We also reduce engine vibration by 33% (at CH25 levels), and rearranged the breather systme to eliminate smoking on hills. Magic Circle (Dixie) stocks all parts and handles the warranty, so your dealer will be able to take care of any problems without long delays.

Have no fear, there is nothing (air-cooled) that compares to the GTV990 (33HP) in performance.

Jerry

9. Flex-Deck

I have run JD tractor style mowers forever, and the only real experience on a ZTR was on a Dixie Chopper about 2 years ago, and it was in my opinion very smooootttthhhhh, and easy to adapt to. Especially when you are used to a steering wheel instead of handles. I just mow too many 30-35 degree slopes to justify a ZTR which can not handle them like a tractor. Thanks Brad

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

love the guys wife beater and cig hanging from his mouth.