1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixie Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboyil, Dec 30, 2000.

1. lawnboyil

lawnboyil LawnSite Member

ok is this a good deal a Dixie chopper demo one hour on it
    17hp Kohler and 50" deck. for $4600.00.
    i have checked the product brochure and i dont find it
    or just your opinions on dixie choppers

2. Alex,

The 2001 brochure list the model you are refering to. It is the X1701, it is a painted model without the oil coolers, tach/hour meter or any of the bell and whistles of the higher priced models. I have a XW2500 which has been very dependable for me, and has gotten me some great compliments on the quality of cut. If you have any more questions on this DC just email me and I'll try to answer them for you. As far as the price I'm not sure what the dealer list price on the X1701 is.

Oh by the way, I love my DC.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have seen ads running on that model and the price was listed as $5995.00 and this model as Rich said doen't have all the bells and whistles, but it does have the same quad loop hydro system that the other models have. This model is called the Estate and is their lowest priced model. It should be worth that price. 1 hour is next to nothing. They put 20 minutes on them at the factory in the tread mill that they test the hydros on each unit made.
  4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

That sounds like a pretty good deal, but it does not have all the bells and whistles like Eric and Davis said. It will get the job done though. If I were you I would try to get a 60" deck.