Dixie Choppers Being Sold on Alamia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by -, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Guest

Yesterday was browsing through the isles of Alamia.com and see that they soon will be selling Dixie Choppers. Cool.
  2. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Wow. Established DC dealers are gonna love that!

Alamia's buying power sometimes allows them to sell for less than dealers buy them for.

Good for the consumer I guess.
  3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

But who wants to assemble a ztr? Id rather pay more and let the dealer take care of the hassle!
  4. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

That's a matter of personal preference. Some or I should say many folks will gladly spend a few hours assembling a machine to save 1000 or more. Some would never even consider it.

By the way, I'm not going to make a big deal out of this but a company that sells Toro Z's in a crate will be advertising at turfquip.com soon. I know there's already one company listed at turfquip(from New York) that does it. Well, this new guy will offer pretty much the entire line at prices that BEAT Alamia. Yes, you read that right.

If you want their name now, send me a PM or email and I'll put you in touch with them. BTW, I don't get a cut from the sale. They will be running a banner when their site is done and that's payment enough. But for now, if I can send them a few leads that's what I'll do :)
  5. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Has anyone on here ever ordered a ZTR in a crate?how much assembly is involved? I know for a fact Alamia sells most ZTRs for over a thousand less than most dealers here plus no tax.If you order online how do you go about paying local sales tax,if you dont pay the sales tax,you wont be able to depreciate the equipment without getting caught,Right??
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have seen Choppers come out of a crate at my dealer and they are all together. You just take all the sides off the crate and drive it off and put it in the show room. They are so beautiful. :D
  7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen lasers come out of crates to. Just the wheels and the seat needs put on, not much to it.
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

After the way mine was delivered,Id gladly assemble it,even if i was drunk,i couldve still spotted the oil leak under it when i took delivery of it.Id much rather buy mine before the dealer has there hands on it.They do the worst thing to them anyway-start them and run the twice a day for 30 seconds to move them in and out of the shop,until they are sold.Ive see mowers with 2 hrs on them-running not more than a minute at a time-not a good breakin,and lots of cold start wear on a "new" mower.
  9. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

We have bought Ferris ZTR in the crate, the total amount of assembly time is about 1.5 to 2 hours...for a 1200.00 - 1500.00 savings! That certainly makes it worth my time and effort.
  10. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

If Dixies come already assembled in the crate for thousands less, than this just might be how I will purchase my new mowers this year.But of course you have to weigh in dealer support,oh well I can handle being put on the back burner for service.