Dixie Choppers for Sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Mar 25, 2001.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

WX2500 for sale at Alamia for $8,695. I don't know prices on choppers, but thaught some of you would like to know.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

About the same price as a dealer. Might as well buy from your dealer and support them.
  3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

$8100.00 here in Indy. (closer to the source. I guess)
  4. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Thats about the same price a buddy of mine paid for his locally.

Hey Accuratelawn,
    Where in sw Mo are you? Are ya close to springfield? Just wondering how close you were to me.
  5. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

Must factor in the tax. It would be about 500 dollars
    on that kind of machine. No tax when buying over
    the Internet.

6. I have to say on a purchase of this size, I'd go with the dealer on this one. Small purchases might be okay over the net, but what happens when you get that mower and it is not setup right. When my DC dealer got my mower in they checked it out very thorough, checked to be sure the oil levels were right, tire pressure, belt tension, made sure the idle was set correct and numerous other things as well. They even gave me a quart of hydro oil. If I have a problem (which I have had ZERO problems) with this mower they will take care of me. Will the company you buy from on the internet be there when you have warranty work to be done or the mower breaks down? Just a thought.

I support my local dealers when I can, because they support me when I need them.
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I paid 8700 from dealer-no savings at all-as for the tax,you have to pay it anyway-if you get auditted-your busted.BTW-when my Dixie blew its head gasket-I went to my dealer on a friday at430 pm-they told me bring it right away-i got it there saturday 830 am-1100 am,thery called told me it was ready-they changed oil+filter too.They know Im only a PT cutter too.Think the service would've been as fast if I'd bought it off the internet? I doubt it.I have a good dealer,they take care of me so i continue to go there-I only wish they knew a little more about the new products.