Dixie Choppers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SMOOTHCUT, May 8, 2006.

1. SMOOTHCUT

SMOOTHCUT LawnSite Member

I already asked this once with little response. Maybe no need to do it again but anyway, Anybody running Dixie Choppers? Tell me about them? Which models? Are they dependable? Thanks

2. mikeeee

mikeeee LawnSite Member

I got one! Works perfect easy to maintain. Very fast. Mine is a Xf2500 60 inch cut. I think that is correct. About 6yrs old. Very reliable and well built/designed.

3. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the Coatesville Classic X2503 - 60. This is a 60" with a 25 hp Kohler. This is my 3rd summer (75 hrs. so far) and no problems that I didn't cause. I hit the edge of my concrete drive at almost full speed head on and this caused the deck to lift up into the pulley on the hydraulic pump. Had to get a new pulley and seals.

General maintenance is done by my dealer. Now that I'm used to it, more speed would be nice. :) This should be the last mower I ever buy but if I do buy another, I will stay with Dixie Choppers.

4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

In the September Issue of Turf Magazine, I field tested two different Dixie machines.
    Email Jim Hendricks for a copy - I won't go into the detail here.

5. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 of them. My first one, bought in 2001, is still running strong. It still has the original engine with about 4000 hrs on it, atleast. I don't know cause the tac. is broke. We put about 800hrs a year on them. The Dixie Chopper flatlander that I have is kind of a piece of junk though. Doesn't go up hills to well. And I have a 2004 Exteme Mowshine which is pretty sweet. It is in the shop right now for a hydro leak problem, but they loaned me a brand new Dixie and it is bad ass!

6. Picky1

Picky1 LawnSite Member

My 99 model has 1700 plus hours on it. It has a 22hp Kohler and 60" deck. The only thing it has had replaced (last year) and the starter solenoid (this year). Sugar sand is dominant in my area and is rough on decks. I am confident the mower will give me several more years of service. I plan on buying another after a couple more years.
    ~Bruce

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

still running my 96 flatlander

8. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

xg2703 with the 27hp Generac and I LOVE IT. My second Chopper.

9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I work for a Dixie Dealer, All I can say is they are the best units we have ever sold and we have sold many brands. I have had no major problems with them and I like the simplicity of them, You can get to everything very easily for regular maintenance.
    Super Nice Units.....

10. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

3 years old and 75 hours? Thats not even broke in yet...lol