Dixie Choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GameDawg33, Aug 14, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I know scags are made great but I had problems with them as well. I do not like the shaft drive on the Turf Tiger and the front ends are easily bent but other than that they were way tougher than the Deere 797 I used. If areas just need to be welded that does not bother me my weld guy can make anything way better than new. I like the hustlers because how simple the sdesign is so it is easy to fix when things do go wrong!

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Scags feel like a tougher mower so far. I am not sure if I am a fan of the shaft drive yet. We have had one seal fail so far. We will know in 1000 hours how reliable they really are. They retain there value better than Dixies or Hustlers.

Our Hustler actually caught fire on Monday and burned to a crisp. Hopefully insurance will cover it. I don't know what happened. My guys were mowing and the next thing they knew it was in flames. They had to call 911 to put it out. Would this be a warranty issue?

3. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

Have you ever considered a Lesco Z2 ?

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

No lesco dealers here... and lord knowe I gotta have a good dealer. I know the wildcat scag is belt driven and I believe there is a 61" version.

5. REALSLOW

from FLORIDA

I definitely do not like the shaft drive aspect of the tiger. I talked a guy who had a new wild cat 61 and he told me the rear wheel width was to narrow for a 61 deck and the machine scalped when you hit holes.