Dixie Choppers???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayD, Sep 14, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone used a Dixie Chopper before?
    How do they compare with other brands?
    Any info would be a help.*trucewhiteflag*

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search - that dog has been hunted many times. :usflag:

3. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

I just bought one and it has 12 hrs on it and its in the shop. been there for a week now. I bought it because the speed was an issue for whatr i do it saves me time. but not if i dont have it. putting alot of hours on a the loaner

4. JayD

Do a search where?

5. JayD

Really......Wow, that would have me screaming .....Let me know how it comes out,.
    By the way, what other brands if any was you concidering before getting this one?

6. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one and liked it's speed in moving through some very high and wet grass. But most of the areas I mow are fairly rough and uneven with some very challenging slopes. I have a couple of friends who run the DC's and they really like them when they are not in the shop. I suppose it depends on dealer support. It takes them way too long to get needed parts in. I can't afford that kind of down time.

7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I've been using Dixie Choppers since 1993 and have had few problems. My dealer can usually get parts shipped overnight. I've never been down more than two or three days.

Last July my electric radiator fan went bad on a Saturday morning. I hauled my mower to the dealer before they closed at noon. They gave my a new DC with one hour on the hour meter to use and had a new fan assembly on mine by 9am on Monday. A good dealer is worth a lot.

8. Yard-Ape

Yard-Ape LawnSite Member

I've only put around 100 hours on my 50" high performance this summer, but no problems to report so far. Great cut, great speed, and a decent ride.

9. Rrjp111

Rrjp111 LawnSite Member

I have just over 400 hours on mine since I bought it new last Sept. I have not had a problem one with my mower yet. I have the classic wish I would have gotten the step up, but it has been a good mower.:weightlifter:

10. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

my dealer has been great about everything just getting the part. been having trouble getting a good cut aswell. he has been trying to figure it out to. almost have to mow everything twice to get a good cut