dixie choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Sep 14, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

anyone have any thoughts on dixie choppers?quality machine?quality of cut good?

2. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 1996 models.They are very tough and easy to work on .

3. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Check out badboymowers.com first.

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting ready to demo one next week(the XT3000-60), but have noticed quite a few mixed reviews. I kind of worries me to put so much money into a product that so many people have had problems with. Still, I want to have something to base my own decision on when buying a mower. Also keep in mind that there are horror stories about every make and model out there. The best advice I can give you is do your homework. Try to demo as many as you possibly can.

5. work_it

I already have. Unfortunately the closest dealer is in Greensboro, NC. I couldn't imagine trying to get that mower serviced. Talk about being on the "B" or "C" list. The mower shops around here service the guys that buy from them first. Understandable. The closest dealer to cntryboymc is in Fort Washington. I don't know how close that is to him, but may want to consider that when checking into bad boy mowers.

That's something else I should have mentioned about doing your homework. Talk with other lco's in your area to find out which dealers have great reputations for servicing the machines they sell. I believe most lco's on this site will agree with me when I say that it's worth spending a little extra $$$ at a dealer who has a great reputation for service as opposed to saving a few hundred $$$ and buying from someone that has a questionable reputation.

6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Oklahoma, I see lots of crews with Choppers. Probably second to toro z's. I don't have a Dixie Chopper, but was talking to a good friend about them, and he loves them. They work real nice on the bermuda grass lawns here he said.

7. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

Work it, we have a scag dealer here close by that is not listed on their website. If you want a complete list of dealers, it is best to contact the company directly. I do not know why it is this way but I have seen it out of several manafacturers. Maybe the dealer has to pay something to be listed, or maybe they only list those with a certain sales volume.

8. work_it

Thanks lawnagent for the insight. Are you located in Louisville?

9. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

No I live in Ohio County. About 20 miles south of Owensboro.

10. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

i am.