dixie Diesel price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by morturf, Mar 14, 2002.

1. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Dixie Price check
    Here are the prices I was just quoted for a 2002 model.

xxwd2600 10400
    dixie catcher 1975
    striping 220

Are these what you Dixie guys would call reasonable?

Also quoted 50 bucks each for the double blade bracket. That seems a little steep.

Appreciate your input
  2. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

xxwd2600 is that a 72" cut or a 60"?
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The XXWD2600 is a 72" deck with a 26 hp Yanmar engine.

The XWD2600 is a 60" deck.

The brackets should be around $15.00 each, I bet he quoted you a price for a set of 3 brackets. The other prices sounds good.
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Those are good prices,especially the mower,the only thing i would question is I dont think you have the HP to turn the catcher (if its belt driven)and 72" deck with only 24hp,you will need to go very slow,and get used to the black smoke the overloaded engine puts out.I ran one of those diesel on a 60,and it was working hard,a 72,and cathcer would max it out.I dont care what Dixie says that mower has less than 24hp,(look on the valve cover,read the engine data plate),so keep that in mind.If you will be using the catcher a lot i would go with the bigger turbo engine,or a separate engine driven catcher like a PEco,or trac vac.Maybe a demo with a catcher would allow you to decide if it has adequete power for your needs.
  5. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

I thought the 26hp 72" diesel was no longer available this year!
  6. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Thanks for the feedback appreciate your help. And I am gonna call about those brackets Eric.