dixie "run-behind"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Sep 7, 2004.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

dont know if you guys have seen it yet

EDIT:forget about it wont let me post links ******** but that is where the pics are under dixie chopper

2. AndersonMowing

AndersonMowing LawnSite Member

I am a big fan of dixie chopper thats all I have. But, when i was puicking up my dixie couple of months ago my dealer was showing me, and I was not a big fan of it. Thought it was a little strange but then again I have not used it so it very well could be the next big thing.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here is pic from that site. There were many pics, but this is one the best ones that is close up. I believe it's a 50" cut with a 27hp engine.

rb4[1].jpg

rb5[1].jpg

rb8[1].jpg

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

it looks much better 'in action' then it did when I first saw it this year. I demoed the new 7-iron walk behind JD this weekend at the county fair with a 52 inch deck...that is one perfect cut, I think I may be switching to that for walk behinds

5. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

lol,they really got creative once again.lol,looks like a rider with wheels behind it

6. chevyman1

kinda does....what do you mean by laughing at "creative again"....do you think their machines don;t change enough and thus not as good? Or could it be they built their ZTR;s so good there is no reason to try and improve on perfection?

7. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

yeah thats what i meant.didnt mean it bad,i mean if scag did that id laugh too.nothing wrong with dixie chopper

8. chevyman1

I'm really wondering why they are dipping into that market myself...

9. malliso

malliso LawnSite Member

same here seems like they would be making a killing off there line anyway

10. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I like my Dixie ZTR, but i don't think i want that thing on my trailer. :eek:

Kinda looks like a silver eagle with the seat cut off and the controls moved back.

But at-least it is a floating,hydro.............hey its got an ocdc, I'm sold!

personally, i think its gonna flop................. :alien: