Dixie stripper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Apr 21, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Figured that would get some views.

THe saga continues.........

Ok, so I got my 95 model dixie with a 50 inch deck last week. I cut centipede with it all week, and was astonished at how fast and easy it was to use. I was cutting with single blade hi lifts.

Then came the problems.

I have fescue accounts also, and so I needed to get the deck up a little higher.

Long story short-I followed advice from people here, and from a dixie tech support bulletin, and put the axle pins in the middle holes, and the front and back deck pins in the top holes.

I also removed the blade spacers and added mulching (gators) blades on top of the hi lifts (doubles for left over leaves)

So, why did I say stripper? IT IS LEAVING LITTLE STRIPS OF GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I go slow, its perfect, but I get on it a little and I get sprigs and straglers and strips that aren't cut at all.

This is not rocket science, so someone please tell me where I screwed up. I could cut the centipede at top speed and no strips.

Thank You.

2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I got all excited thinking you had went to a strip joint in Florida or something and was passing on the experience.:p

3. matthew horner

No, it was in alabama!

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

what rpm are you running? and have you tried it without doubles

5. matthew horner

I can't remember rpm. My engine is blown, see bad day post.