Dixie vs cub cadet tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Justin5309, May 13, 2012.

1. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Its a half acre....

2. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

dixie chopper is overpriced, imo....i wanted to laugh when they guy told me a price on a mower/bag unit.

3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

There are no Dixie's around here...

The only proof I have is hour meters and failures that I've been told about. I don't see why anyone would lie to me about stuff breaking...

4. Randy G.

Randy G. LawnSite Member

I bought a cub cadet against the advice of 90% of the smoke blowers here. I havent had any of the problems these clowns talk about here. Hang around the board long enough and you will see that most are gonna talk up what they own. Buy, the one you like the best.

5. Justin5309

Justin5309 LawnSite Member

The cub cadet is being advertised as a 2007 tank m48 zero turn. It has the "tank" lettering on the back but not the front of the unit and it is a 19 hp Kawasaki. I thought the m48 in 2007 was a 23 hp Kawasaki and the photos I've seen outside this advertisement have lettering on front as well. I just want to be sure this is actually a tank and not another line.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

If they name it a Tank must be one built like a tank and drives like one
    Buy the Tank and get by with the cheaper one
    But if want a mower to resell down the road the Dixie will hold there value better then that tank

7. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

best quote ever

8. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

The Tank models are a TOTALLY different machine from the Cub Cadet MTD residential models. Don't shoot all the dogs because one of them has fleas.

Larry

9. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

Never mowed with a Tank. I guess there ok, but I have worked on several Cub Tanks.

And yes the Dixie in some peoples eyes are over price. But the reality is the major components of the Dixie are of a better quality. In short should last longer. My issue with the Tank is it is a real wolly-buger to work on. Everything is under or behind something and imposable to get to. There is no real simple service.