1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixin 44 Ram ZTR

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Shelbytt, May 13, 2005.

1. Shelbytt

Shelbytt LawnSite Member
    from TX

I purchased a 05 Dixon Ram ZTR last wed and so far LOVE it.. Bought it with the 25hp B&S and on 3 acres knocked about a hour and 10 minutes off my cut time... Here is my question, it has the Mulch Kit installed with the Mulch Kit blades and the DEBRIS that the mower sprays is almost unbareable. My legs are pretty much covered with Dirt, Grass, I almost need googles and a face mask to mow. Is this normal for a ZTR? OCuld it be the mulch kit? I even took the muck cover off the end and put the grass shoot back on and NO help.. I water 7 days a week, the front yard is 90% ST.AUGUSTINE so its not DRY grass im mowing.. Anyway I emailed the dealer tonight and gonna see about taking it back in and have them look things over. Just wanted to run it by the PRO's :)

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That's kind of odd that you are getting that much blow-out. I have a 50" dixon, which is basically the same deck design, only larger, with the mulch kit installed (gator blades) and I don't get blow-out much at all.

On the front edge of your deck, is there a lip installed on it that goes under the deck an inch or so? Mine has this, it dosn't run the full width of the front on the deck, it's basically open in the middle, but I think it's for the blow-out. Make sure your blades are on right, and no double blades (2 on each spindle, like this X) puts the blades below the edge of the deck and causes more blow-out.
  3. Shelbytt

Shelbytt LawnSite Member
    from TX

Ill check on that in the am, The dealer factory installed everything with the gator blades but Im sure they can make mistakes too...