dixon 3014 drive system

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by shop22, Oct 10, 2007.

1. shop22

shop22 LawnSite Member

I have unit in the shop that I told a friend I would look at for him. It's a Dixon 3014 dm-36-23494. The right drive lever acts fine and seems to drive ok. The left lever seems alot harder to push forward and that side doesn't seem to drive hardly at all. The top cone seems to be ok, I checked the drive belt and chains, They all look good. Are these drives a real pain to work on and are they very expensive. I'm thinking I'm just gonna give it back to him and tell him sorry I can't help ya out.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

That's the BEST thing you could do, I won't even let one pull in the gate any longer. Not even for engine work. :nono:

3. leeker

leeker LawnSite Member

Yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

i used to work for a dixon dealer, if you have not been to school for the mower do not touch it, i have been to the school and if i see one coming my way i run , very tricky and sensitive. karl

5. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Typically anybody who owns or plans to own a cone-drive dixion ztr will need to be your own mech, as going to the shop for repairs will drive you broke! These drives need constant tinkering and adjustments to keep em' working right. I had my old 428 drive apart multiple times replacing wore out bearings, shafts, cogs...etc...PITA....come to think about it....it's apart now!!

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Now that's bad !!! :laugh: