dixon 503 ztr tranny oil change

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sneezer17301, May 13, 2004.

1. sneezer17301

sneezer17301 LawnSite Member

does anyone have any info on how to change the tranny oil in my ztr? There is nothing in the manual about it . And is the filter a oil
    filter? The trannys use 30 weight motor oil. Could I use an off the shelf oil filter? Is there a cross referrence for this part?

Any info appreciated
    Thanks
    Sneezer

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

3. sneezer17301

sneezer17301 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I tried that and they got back to me in 5 minutes!!!!!!
    That has got to be some kind of record. Should have tried that years ago.

Thanks
    Sneezer

4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

sneezer17301> May not have worked years ago. You MAY have got your answer from a "Customer Service Center". It is a new thing that has just started to take off here in the last few years. What a business will do is have a center do there customer service for them. By out sourcing this way they can deal with more pressing matters( they say). The center will have all the data on everything from a company and pull it up as needed. The center will have a 100 or more people answering e-mails from all over about everything. One minute they will be giving you the data on your Dixion and the next minute giving some one part numbers for a car part and the next answering questions on a RCA TV. And if they can not answer it they forward it the people who can. What this means for us is you can get a e-question answered for your VCR at 3 in the morning. I DO NOT know if that is why you got answered so fast or not. I seen a thing on TV last summer about the service. I hope more companies start doing that.