Dixon 60" Grizzly ZTR ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S L C, May 18, 2008.

1. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have one? What is the cut like? Does it stripe well or not?

Looking at a used one, 25 hp AC Kohler with about 100 hours on in... for right around $6000.00 .... good deal or not?

Opinions PLEASE>>>>> Thanks in advance!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::drinkup:

2. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Good mower, I see some running around, I mowed with one while the guy demoed my BadBoy, my deal is you can get a Brand New Bad Boy with the 30hp Kohler Command 60" with 0 hours for $6995, and it is built waaaaay better than the Grizzly, while the Grizzly retails out around $9500! while it did cut good, it was rough riding compared to my lightnings, and the deck is very shallow. The guy that demoed my mower said that I was going to spoil him by letting him mow on mine! He liked mine waaay better, and is going to be trading in his mowers this season.

3. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn LawnSite Member

I just retired a 60" Dixon after fifteen years of use. Deck and hydraulics are still good, engine is shot but that's mostly my fault. It was a solid mower, very few problems, and I put that deck through hell. I get a lot of limestone rock floaters on my farm where I mow, and would hit one every so often. Had to replace deck bearings twice, not bad under the circumstances.

I was out shopping for a new engine for the Dixon, but when I was at the dealers, they showed me a Kubota 326 with a 26 horse diesel and 0% financing. You can guess the rest...