Dixon 7025, Cub cadet deals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

A local dealer for dixon is trying to sell me a Dixon 7025 60'' deck for 6,500 left over from last year, anybody know anything about these machines, price , quality ect. I am also looking at the cub cadet ztr's . 25 hp 60'' cut at 6,500. Whats up with these machines anybody had any real experience with these either. thanks for your input.Dave
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

There was another post today on MTD, Viper, and the Cub. They are all about the same. They use different motors and paint, but they are all MTD, but I heard Lesco is going to start making their own and went to a fabricated deck. Read what other members have said about them. There are very few Dixon owners here. They built some of the first ZTR's and own the patent on ZTR name, but I feel the got passed up by other companys. Personally I would demo them all, but make sure you look at some more top of the line mowers too. Here are some links.

Here is a thread on Viper that pretty much sums up the MTD Pro, Viper, and Cub Cadet. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=5400

Here is another one on all the Vipers

And here is one on MTD

At least you could get parts for them at 3 different dealers. Just have a spray can of paint to match your color.
  3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info . It doesen't sound to good does it. I't hard to believe so many mowers are built by th same co.The guy with the dixon has a chopper there that has been sitting around for two years maybe I should keep working on him for that machine. It"s a 2002 x model , but he still want's 5,800 for it. Only been demmoed a few times but it'salways out in the rain sitting on the curb.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic