Dixon black bear 34"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Oct 24, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Has anyone used this machine or know if it's good? I have a 34" phazer and don't need another small ztr but was just wanting input on this mower. It looks well built compared to the phazer and 34z and only weighs 515 pounds!! Anybody think it's a good ztr?

2. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a bit biased but I'll chime in here. The Black Bear is a nice little compact commercial machine. It's a pump and wheel motor setup. It's pretty solid.

Q

3. Tlvoskamp

Tlvoskamp LawnSite Member

I debated back and forth on the black bear vs the phazer, and I went with the phazer becuse of 2 reasons, 1 the 19 kawi and the other was ergonomics. I felt good in the phazer and felt more apart of the machine. The black bear felt akward and clunky, I felt the seat was too tall and akward, just my 2 cents.

Tlvoskamp

4. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, Dixon seats, people either love em or hate em.

5. S man

I love my phazer also, but would love to have the pump wheel motor combo. The phazer cuts better though with the trivantage deck. Dixon's smaller decks don't cut very well.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I'm one of them that love the Dixon seats !!

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Same here!

8. S man

I wouldn't get dixon because there is only one dealer for them and I really hate the owner and partner there.