1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixon Estate ZTR

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by blackhorse, Jun 28, 2004.

1. blackhorse

blackhorse LawnSite Member

I've been looking at the new Dixon Ram 44 and 50 Estate series ZTR's Can anyone give me a reliability and quality check on Dixon Mowers?

I'd really like a Gravely 144Z Commercial but the Dixon looks awfully good for $2k less.

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i have heard alot of problems with them but thats my thought um how much are you looking to spend
  3. blackhorse

I'd like to keep it under $5k with a powered bagger. Like I stated before, I really like the Gravely 144Z but, with bagger we're taliking $7k.
  4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

Scag or exmark would be the way to go people are not likeing the gravely but a tiger cub i just baught like 6 days ago ran me 5999 plus tax and they do make baggers for them it is a 48"/19horse KAWI trevorslawncare has gravley you might want to look at some of his posts.
  5. csj1

csj1 LawnSite Member
    from ID

I did quite a bit of research on this last year. In the end I came up with 2 mowers the Hustler Fast Track and the Exmark CT. I went with the Hustler mainly do to the Exmark did not have the 52” deck option. The Dixon’s were close in price for what I was looking for and I thought the quality did not compare to the Hustler or the Exmark. Just my 2 cents.
  6. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

If there's a dealer near you, check out the JAZee (www.countryclipper.com). They start around $4k for the 42/48 decks and Kohler engines (stay away from B&S). The flip-up deck makes for easy clean-up and the available single joystick control is also more convenient. They (Shivvers Mfg) used to build Dixon (as well as Snapper, Yazoo and a couple of others) until coming out with their own line a few years ago. The Hustler FasTrak (less rugged than the JAZee) is also a good homeowner choice.
  7. blackhorse

Closest dealer is Mankato, MN which is about 5.5 hours away so that's not going to work. Everyone keeps talking about the Hustler Fastrack. What's everyones opinion on this one?