DIXON Lives On !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lifetree, Jan 16, 2007.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, believe it or not, it looks like even though Husqvarna acquired DIXON last year, they are still going to continue the DIXON line of mowers. In looking at the Dixon web site and the products that they have for 2007, it looks like essentially the complete line. However, it does appear that the ZEETER series in the residential line was dis-continued.

So, for the nay sayers, I guess it looks DIXON will live on, at least in the near term.

2. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

all dixon is are chinese redhawks, funny though i almaost bought one at the beginning of last season glad i dididnt get it. wouldnt mind one of their commercial mowers.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Where is the proof of this????? I find it hard to believe that Dixon and Redhawk are the same. Even though I have thought about getting a hydro Redhawk. For that cheap it would make a good backup.

4. A.D Services

well search the forum if im reading right people are saying they are the exact smae thing. sorry not trying to start a fight or anything. and i think there commercial products are the real deal.

5. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe they'll call it a Huskydixon.

6. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry Dixon was built in Kansas for 30 some years, No way is it a Chinese made machine.

7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Another example of a person's fingers NOT asking his brain for advice. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Dixon's commercial mowers are "very good" Kansas built machines. :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

8. A.D Services

what are you talking about i said that thir commercial machine would problably not be so bad i was just saying that not all of their products meet up to peoples expectations

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Actually you said, "all dixon is are chinese redhawks, funny though i almaost bought one at the beginning of last season glad i dididnt get it. wouldnt mind one of their commercial mowers."

I believe the original poster was referring to commercial mowers.....who cares about their residential crap. As far as meeting people's expectations....the people on this board that have them and have actually used them seem to really like them.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I know that most on LawnSite don't seem to have a very high opinion of Dixon as it relates to their residential line, however, the Dixon commercial line is an extremely solid group of mowers. Having said that, I will share that I got the low end of the Dixon commercial line early last year, the RAM 50 MAG with a Kohler Command Pro 20 V-Twin, and it has been an exceptional mower ... I will try to post a copy of it here. And by the way, I do try totake care of, the picture shows that it looks like new after a full season.

Ram50-03.jpg