Dixon Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Idahopondman, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Idahopondman

Idahopondman LawnSite Member

I am looking at a Dixon Ram 44 ZTR. Does anyone hav any experience or advise on htis mower?:confused:
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Our school system just purchased two Dixon Grizzlies (60" cut, 25 hp Kohlers) for $6300.00 each. I was involved in the purchase and the MAIN reason we purchased the Dixons is because the dealer is the ONLY commercial ZTR dealer in our county - hence, keep the money local. Also, the dealer has been in business for over 25 years and his dealer support has been supurb for a long time. Personally, I myself have a Kubota. However, if I were in the market for a gas-powered machine, I would give the Dixon a serious look. From what I can tell, they are no longer in keying to the homeowner. They really build a quality built comercial ZTR. :usflag:
  3. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using Dixons since 1995. They are very good mowers. I was somewhat suprised that some yahoo had not already bashed them. They really have come to be as good as every thing else out there in the last 7 years or so. The ram would make a fine mower, but if you are serious commercial I would get the Kodiak, Grizzly or Silvertip. You can see my pics of my Dixons on this site here. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=65413