dixon mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by david griggs, Jan 29, 2002.

1. david griggs

david griggs LawnSite Member

we used to have a 3303 dixon about 6 yrs ago but we only had it for 1 season. we liked it a lot but since we didnt own it that long i dont know about the overall longevity. were expanding our bus. this year,(my wife & i) and we want to kick back and take it easy on a ztr rider,or maybe two,a 33" to fit into gates & a 42 to do front yards & large gated back yards. so what do you guys think, is this a good plan? i wish there was a mower that could swivel its deck around lenthways to fit into gates,wouldnt that be cool!!
  2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I am afraid I've never been impressed w/ dixon mowers. I can't imagine a 33". I have 44" that goes through almost every gate around here. (If I can't get it through, I don't take the job)

You're investment would be alot lower if you started w/ 1 mower that met "front & back" needs. No matter what level you are on, if you plan to do this for a while, you must invest in Quality (eXmark, Toro, Scag etc.)

I promise - You will never regret doing so
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

the dixon doesnt have the greatest rep among commercial mowing services. that deck swivel idea sounded good as with a ztr u could angle the tires in farely easy . or so it seems to me.
    mabe somebodies already got it but ,dont think ive seen it.
    i did see a machine on here one time that allowed both sides of the deck to flip up. dont know about the cut tho. later now.
    ps it would tickle me good if my wife like this kinda work also.
    oh a perfect world:) guess not huh. later now
  4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

...and if my wife worked with me, I'd never get to ride that ZTR again!
  5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

Never used Dixon....What about an Encore 34" ztr i belive MIDSOUTH has one. You could also check out a walkbehind with a sulky or a stander. But since you seem to want a ztr how bout a exmark or toro 44". These units are more proven then Dixon in the commercial business. Just my 2 cents