Dixon Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimQ, Aug 23, 2007.

1. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

A little something from the Dixon museum. Now these were Z's!!! Lawnmower Monday through Friday. Golf Cart Saturday and Sunday!
    Q

Dixon.jpg
    Dixon1.jpg

Dixon.jpg

Dixon1.jpg

2. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Holy Cow are those for real? Or some kind of experiment gone arye?

3. JimQ

That's the real deal. 40+ year old Dixon!

4. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Did they actually double as golf carts? Was that the commercial line as well?:confused:

5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

1974? 33yrs old

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! WHERE is this place at? Got a link? ****, if its within about 3 hours, I am going on vaccation Saturday...well, if I dont get rained out tomorrow...which we need rain BAD and I always can go to the museum next weekend.

7. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I love Dixon now but those pics explain why the got a bad following that has haunted them for so many years! Sheeessssh!

8. JimQ

These and several others were moved from the Dixon plant in Coffeyville, KS to the Husqvarna plant in Beatrice, NE at the time of the acquisition. They are now scatted about the office in empty corners.

Q

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, thats great. You could fit two people on the seat. Thanks for sharing!

10. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i used to work on those things lol! and yes many were used as golf carts at least they were in miami back in the late 70's and early 80's and they were old mowers then. i hated those cone type transaxels that made them go.but they used them till the early 90's. and they did not have a bad name they could cut all day and then do 18 at doral or kendall lakes.that was the only place that they would let a internal combustion golf cart run back then.