Dixon stands up for product!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2menandamower, Oct 11, 2006.

1. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I bought a dixon kodiak back at the first of May 06. I have had several problems with it up til now it has been in the shop 12 different times. I had finally had enough and called Dixon and they have agreed to replace the mower with a new one. I am happy that they are standing behind there product and not just trying to "fix" the one that I have. I only have about 140 hours on it so I would consider it still new. Just thought I would let you guys know that Dixon stands behind what they sell....

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry to hear about your problems, just glad to hear Dixon helped you out! Just wondering, what problems were you having? I know of a BUNCH of Kodiaks here in town that had engine failures due to not being grounded right, pretty sure most of them all happend under 300 hrs.

3. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess some things never change...

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I read a lot of threads on here and I have never heard ANYTHING good about this brand. They cost as much as the equivalant of a huge name like exmark or scag but yet you have more and more people saying that the problems are never ending. there hasn't been even one post bragging about how 'my dixon is better'. So it's a good thing that they are willing to end your headaches(hopefully) once and for all. Good luck with the new machine.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you have seriously failed reading today man. I KNOW here are many posts here that are PRO dixon. Iv'e posted MANY but I know of many others as well. Trust me I follow them.

2men Sorry to hear about the troubles. Can you divulge what some of your problems have been? As KS above asked, about the engine problems (the problem I told him about) Curious as to what's gone wrong with yours...

I too have a Kodiak, new in April and has about 530 hours on it now. Iv'e had it in the shop once to get a few things adjusted that I felt not responsible for since it was under warranty, and I had some rattle in the engine (25hp. kohler) from about 30 hours to 90 hours. THey looked into it, ended up tearing the engine partially down and replaced the oil pump but the rattle didn't go away. Eventually it just went away on it's own and it's never came back. Also had 1 pulley on the hydro pump belt spin the bearing and had to be replaced at about 50 hours (easy fix in the driveway).

6. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

2menandamower do you like your red hawk?

7. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Sorry to be so slow posting back but I have been really busy. Yes I love my Red Hawk. I have only had 2 problems out of it and both times I got parts sent to me free of charge and I fixed it myself. 1 was a leak in the gas tank and the other was a drive belt re-routing. They both took about 10 minutes to fix each. Other than that I have used it for a full year and that is all that has gone wrong with it. Where in Tennessee are you located???

As for the Dixon, I will say that the cut that it gives to me is great. It stripes well and does not bog down in the thick stuff. The Problems I have had with it are there were several bolts that were loose on it when I first got it (deck lift arm, brake handle, seat (this one almost caused me to flip it over loading it on the trailer one day)), Head light kept falling out, Dead battery after 2 months of operation, brake on the right side broke off, Dying issue that could not be resolved. We tried the new ground wire, an add on relay switch, and even replaced the ignition switch and starter all to no avail. I took my current mower to the shop today and the new one will be here this afternoon and I am supposed to pick it up tonight after I finish up for the day. The new one is still in the create and will have to be set up so the owner of the shop is going to meet me later to get it. I can't wait to use it tomorrow night and see if it is a good machine.

8. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

2menandamower, thanks for the info. I am looking at the 32 10.5 hp. Where did you buy yours. by the way i am in the memphis area

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I pretty much expected a reply like that....

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

So how did the new machine work out today?