1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixon vs. Hustler

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jceh1, May 4, 2005.

1. jceh1

jceh1 LawnSite Member

I'm come along a bit since I looked at the Cub Cadet at Lowes. I am now considering a Hustler either Mini Fastrak or Fastrak (leaning to the mini w/42 deck). However, I haven't looked at the Dixon yet. The nearest dealer is about 50 miles from me, however, so I am somehat concerned about that. Doesa anyone have experience with these and can give me a good comparision? The Dixons I want to look at are the speedztr 44, RamZTR and ram50Mag.
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I have been a Service Technician for 14 years, I have worked on many brands of machines. In my opinion I wouldn't drive 5 miles to look at a dixon.
    Stay with the Hustler its a much nicer unit.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The Hustlers are very good well built mowers. Personally I wouldn't have a Dixon.
  4. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

Do a search from March till now. There was guy that was searching at the same time as me. He was going back and with the Dixon and Hustler. He went with the Dixon and I went with the Hustler. From his threads, a lot of people chimed in and had great things to say. Please do a search and you will learn a lot on both machines.