dixon ztr grizzly 60" is it much different from the high dollar brands??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dilts24, Mar 27, 2005.

1. dilts24

dilts24 LawnSite Member

I have an opportunity to get my hands on a dixon 05 grizzly ztr with a 60 inch deck and a 23 horse kohler motor for 5500,I was leaning towards a gravely,or exmark,toro,other top brand but they are alot more money for that size deck,someone out there that has drove all zero turns,what do you think,should I go with the dixon or are the others worth that much more??also Dixon has a 3 year warranty instead of 2,let me know some opinions before I buy this,Im starting my business this year so It will be used commercially thanks alot

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The grizzly is a commercial grade mower so it should definately hold up. The 23 hp Kohler should work fine most of the time but if you get into some tall wet grass you may have to slow down a little. We have a 20 hp with a 60" deck JD front mount and we get by with that just fine. $5500 is an excellent price for that size machine.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I say don't bother with that peice of Sh*t

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Further elaboration on your point would do a more effective job then an off the cuff remark.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Have you ever run the machine?

6. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have had several DIXONS in the past &presently have a 4515 use it every week in a large cemetery to trim with. have had 50" w 18 h and worked fine. Thats a good price & i Think you will be happy with it.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

From what I see online that's new for '05 I'd have to recommend a NO.

Nothing more and nothing personal.

If you are looking for an economic commercial mower, look at the Lesco Z-Two ($5,999)

8. dilts24

dilts24 LawnSite Member

some mixed feelings on the dixon,anyone know if the dixons have the centrifugal pumps under the seat??what would make the dixon a p.o.s. if it is??Im a little worried now,hmmm