1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixon Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DJL50, May 10, 2006.

1. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

Looking into all options when it comes to zero-turn mowers. What is the word on Dixon? Any good? It is for home uses two acres. Looking at Dixon because dealer is close to home.
  2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I don't know anything about them but just did an advanced search for Dixon, searching in "titles ony" and came up with 3+ pages of material. Have you tried this?
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on how much you want to spend, try to get a Dixon Grizzly. It IS a commercially built mower with a 25 hp Kohler and 60" cut. Our school system just purchased three of them for $6,200 each. Even though I am a diesel fan, I think the Dixon's are well built for a good value - and a THREE year warranty. :usflag:
  4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dixon commercial mowers are not a bad mower at all.Under Homeowner use conditions,you would get a lot of years out of it .
  5. VT_K9

VT_K9 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I use a Dixon Zeeter 42" mower. I bought it last year with about 10 hours of use on it. The previous owner was told he would want a larger mower and did not take the advice. It was my gain when he came to his senses. I just started mowing this year and this is my primary mower. So far so good.

6. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the Dixon Kodiak ztr 50" deck. I noticed the mowing deck does not look to be as tall as other brands. Does this make a diffeance?

I will try the search.