Dixon ztrs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dean Williams, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I bought a 36" home owner model in 1993 and used it for a year on small lawns. After buying a Dixie Chopper, I sold it to a home owner that has 2 acres and it is still running strong.

2. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

My neighbor uses a Dixon with his lawn care business. He likes it so well that he tried talking me into buying one. (I went with exmark). The only problem that I know of him having is with the deck. He just replaced it, the old one was full of holes.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Lawrence wrote:

<b><i>So Richard why would anyone buy a blackrock 48 for $500 less than a 52" toro (lazer hp with a 52" toro deck)?
    </b></i>

Who knows why someone would buy them. They sell them though and they apparently sell very well. I certainly wouldn't buy one. When I had to replace my 10 year old Woods 36" this year I didn't even consider buying a Black Rock. I went straight to the Exmark dealer and bought a 36" Metro. And next year I'm buying a 62" Toro ZTR (sorry Eric but the type of grass that grows where I'm moving to requires the wide space at the front of the deck like the Toro has).

4. Dean Williams

Dean Williams LawnSite Member
    from Pa,MD

The reason i ask is im lookin for a better mower,not that dixion has been a bad choice in the past just there seems to be better lines of equipment available now days,We have used dixions for 13 yrs now and never had any real problems we use commercial kolers, and get about 2300-2500 hrs out of them,then dicard them to a home owner.last a home owner yrs.I am lookin toward an exmark because i need to bag some of the time,and like to be able to do baggin and dicharge with same machine.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You said the Dixons are holding up for you. What size decks are you using and how do you compare them to other brands you have tried. I've only used up to a 42" Dixon.

6. Dean Williams

Dean Williams LawnSite Member
    from Pa,MD

We use 4-50",and 1 60" deck size