1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixon ZTRs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Live4Mowin', May 30, 2003.

1. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

are dixons commercial grade or are they just for home owners with large yards?
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

3. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

What model do you have?
  4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Homeowner all the way!!!
  5. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

the pinto of the ztr world
  6. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

I use a Dixon 50". It is not a "bad" machine, but I know that it is not going to hold up over time like some of the other brands. The only other brand that I can say that I have used much is Exmark and without question the Exmark is built better. Just like with most equipment you get what you pay for.
  7. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

quoted by A1 lawncare
    Have YOU ever used one? I doubt it.
    I have 2 Dixons One is a 1992 chain drive RESIDENTIAL that has been used commercial on 40+ yards a year. I finally retired it last year to a back up only as it is FINALLY about to go on me. Not to shabby for a residential. My other is a commercial 23 horse Kohler 50 inch deck I bought it in 1996 and it is still going strong with no signs of slowing down. The horrific wreck I had last year in which the trailer broke free from the truck hit a ditchand catapulted my commercial Dixon through the air and flipped it end over end and side over side several times failed to do it in as well.a new deck mount bracket and it is going strong again. I can also still run full speed and not miss any grass. Not bad for a PINTO ZTR! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: by the way am I saying it is as good as an Exmark? NO but the pinto of ZTRs? Please, get real.
  8. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

yes i have run a dixon ztr, as a matter of fact when the first came out, great idea but kind of weak machine IMO, i was using a 455jd at the time, maybe your right a pinto was really not that bad of a car, it would get you where you needed to go. i have also ran exmarks (currently), scags, hustlers, toro's. i'm glad your happy with your dixon's and did not intend to offend anyone, even someone who plays in the dirt;)
  9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The "bathtub" chassis looks like it could float.
  10. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

I have a freind who got a dixon this year and i'll tell anybody this machine he got is a commercial grade machine and it cuts great .

He got the high end dixon and it is well built it was a surprise to me.

I think everybody is like me they just repeat what they here about dixon with out ever haveing owed one.