1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dixon's Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stealth7, Dec 1, 2007.

1. stealth7

stealth7 LawnSite Member

Hey, gents I was wondering if anyone has ever owned a Dixon Ztr and if their quality was worth the investment. I am planning on buying my first ZTR come spring and was looking at the Grizzly 52in ZTR Mower. I did notice that they are generally not sold in lawnmower shops at least around here, but they look nice. I think the lights are a nice feature but I was wondering if the mower would have a great quality of cut when bagging and also if they have a pretty long life span when taken care of. The price quoted was around $8,200-$8,300 supposedly with the bagger. If anyone has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I have owned 4 Dixons, currently have a 2004 50 inch. LOVE IT. Do a search on here, lots of info. Lots of guys love 'em, a few hate 'em. They are the second most common ZTR in my town, behind Walker, among LCOs. I guess the guy you need to talk to is LS member Jason Rose. He is pretty much the Dixon expert on here, has LOTS of experience with them.

As for your questions. Yes, I feel they are very much worth the investment. The quality of cut is really good, and they stripe GREAT when adjusted right. I would probably expect 2500 hours out of one pretty easy, with good care and all.

3. stealth7

stealth7 LawnSite Member

Thank you KS GRASSCUTTER for the valuable info you provided. The picture looked great.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are built well, however I really don't have any knowledge about the newest line-up of Dixon machines. Since they were bought out by Husqvarna they have changed nearly every aspect of the machines. Pumps, decks, catchers, even the seat... They are nothing like the machines I used for years and years. Better or worse? I don't know...