Do alot of you guys do beds, ornamentals, tree and shrub care?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Aug 28, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Do you guys recommend any other areas of applications? Is there one area that goes hand and hand with turf care? Looking for some feedback.

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Tree and shrub care. We tried doing pre-post applications to landscape beds but it was too hard to schedule and too many call backs.

3. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

i do not have a tree/shrub program, but if there is a issue, i tell the customer and charge accordingly, less headaches

4. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

We do tree and shrub care. It's a bit more labor intensive than squirt and fert jobs, but the extra income is certainly worth it and there are so few people that do it, that we have found almost 0 competition and are pretty much able to set the market on it. We don't do the pruning, weeding, and labor stuff, but we do offer fert, disease, and insect control in our shrub program.

We also do core aeration which is another great area to increase income.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Our tree/shrub program offers spring/fall root feeding (ChemLance), up to 3 I&D foliar sprays, spring/fall dormant oil, micronutrient treatments (medicaps, soil drench, granules (belly spreader), and once in a while foliar spray), pre/post emergent weed controls for ornamental beds.

Very very little pruning anymore -- too much hassle for us. Weed pulling...........I don't think so....LOL

Very few of our tree customers have a complete program, cuz most of the time they don't need it.

I started with ChemScape (ChemLawn's tree/shrub service) back in the late 70's in Dallas, Texas. We sprayed everything whether it needed it our not with five pesticides all mixed together: 2 insecticides, 1 miticide, and 2 fungicides. We also mixed in poly-N (to buffer the pH of the water) and a spreader/sticker.

My company only treats what's needed instead of ripping off customers like "you know who" does.

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I spray ornamentals as needed for insects.

I have found that Perimeter pest control has been a great addition to my business!

7. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

in texas i'm not sure my t/o covers that:(