Do any LCO's go south for the Winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Aug 31, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering if any LCO's go South or relocate during the Winter months to work. I have a secure night job year around but the thought of relocating to another place during the off season has some appeal to it. I just thinking out loud and probably would never do this but I would like to hear from any one that does something a little crazy like this during the off season. Work in landscaping in Florida, help rebuild New Orleans, get on a crab boat in Alaska, be the lead truck driver in a convoy in Iraq (yea right), etc. Just a wild thought but I would like some input just the same.

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

The ONLY crazy thing I do in the winter is plow snow. Its crazy cuz I dont have a snow plow. Nope. Just a blue light and the will the be out there acting like a snow plower person. Other than the no plow thing, I am pretty good at it.

Oh and yes, I usually hit the orlando or destin area the last week of march.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd like to go south and work for someone landscaping, etc in the winter. But sometimes there is snow to plow up here. Last winter we had about 2 weeks between the last mowings and plowing snow.payup

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

rod takes the whole winter off counting his money in the Caribbean. thats my business goal.:waving:

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I went south 1 year and well I never went back home...LOL!!!!

6. robby

robby LawnSite Member

My wife and I are headed south this winter, but it sure is'nt for work purposes. Spending a month in south beach between thanksgiving and xmas. Getting away for the winters is what allows me to come back each year fresh, both physically as well as mentally. Working year round would feel too much like a REAL JOB.:nono:

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well dont get curious about going anymore South...I dont know what kinda $$ you could make in Cuba lol