1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

do customers value our time?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, May 6, 2011.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

How do you cut the borders of a lawn?
  2. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I had an hoa. We were there like clockwork. They were a total pita to deal with.
    Complained about every-thing, like they were crazy.

It was thirty units in a tight little community built over top of a cement bunker parking arcade. They had lots of deciduous trees that should not be planted there and we were asked to give an estimate to remove some and prune others.
    Never heard back.

Weeks later we show up for work one morning, like clockwork remember....and they had some other tree company taking out all of these trees while we should be doing our landscape maintenance for the week. And the council members were standing around watching them. Workers compensation won't allow us to work near other workers
    We'd get a huge fine.

Then they complained that we didn't do all of our work routines for the week. Pita.
    Eventually, we walked on the contract. There was so much b.s. going on all the time.
    Too much to get into here.

Funny thing. A year later, the new contractor phoned me literally crying
    "What's wrong with these people?" he said.
  3. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

Its really not their responsibility too, but I understand what you guys are saying. I have been pissed off my share too, but it is part of the game. It is our job to develop the instincts to weed out the serious people from the BS'ers.
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i dont make ruts but thanks for asking. maybe youre the one who needs to learn how to cut grass??:hammerhead:
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Ummm... if a hitter consistently hits to right field, then it's pretty much a given that one will more than likely get hit down the first base line. Right field is the outfield position behind the 1st and 2nd basemen. I think you mean that every now and then he would get a hit down the 3rd base line and into left field. Lessons from a baseball nerd. haha