Do everyone charge more for edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

do you all charge more for edging with a stick edger and if so how much?Also which stick edger does everyone recommend?
  2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

edging is included in my price, it is figured in, its not a freebie, IMO, a good edging job is what sets professionals apart from gypsies. I have shindaiwa and redmax edgers. like them both. Stihl and echo make nice ones too.
  3. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

What he said. You must edge (or maintain edge with trimmer) or your work will look like Cr@p.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Constant debate on whether you need a stick edger but if you are short on money use the trimmer it does just fine. No commericial full time business in our area uses any stick edgers.
  5. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

We only charge for initial edging of new customers because we have spent up to an hour with 2 people edging a property the 1st time, after that it is included no charge every week
  6. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I edge everyone. On lowballers I use the string trimmer and on the good customers I use the real edger. That way I don't have to take out more equipment if I don't really need to.
  7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

edging is included with our accounts.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

edging is what makes the lawn look good. its included in our price.
  9. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Included in my price...