Do I have to pay taxes? (Arkansas)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Do you homeschool?

2. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

nah, you don't have to pay taxes- psshhht, just have fun kid! You'll have plenty of time to worry about that stuff a little later. Noone's gonna bust your butt while you're so young. Soon though.

As for the grown ups- I don't mind certain taxes- road, some services, defense, etc- that I use and appreciate. I don't like paying "extra" taxes for things like...actually, I'll just stop there. I do think it's a little out of hand. I don't think my taxes should be paying for the 6 guys camped out in a DOT vehicle for 4 hours of "lunch" or for welfare, or for others to have free healthcare and dental benefits that I don't even qualify for with the insurance I pay for.

3. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Services aren't taxed in arkansas for lawn care. If you are doing applications they are taxed. Any materials that you sell are taxed if you have an exise and use tax #. Income taxes are paid in by the owner on quarterly estimates and payroll taxes, unemployment insurance, and workers comp. are paid by the company and employee. I doubt you bring in enough money being that age to be taxed, but I would definitely have you dad or mom talk to their accountant.

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member