Do I need a License do Fertilizer Application in Fl.

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by rlc321, Jun 26, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

If I just want to apply fertilizer only no pesticides do I need a License in Florida and If so what do I have to do to get one? Thanks

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

as long as there are no herbicides or pesticides you are ok.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

http://doacs.state.fl.us/onestop/aes/pestapp.html

rlc321

Promo is correct about no license needed for fertilizer. The link above is the website for a copy of the law. How you might find it a little confusing. There are many many pesticide licenses in Florida.

First let me say, the LAW IS NOT FAIR. anyone can go to the County Extension Agent and take a test to apply chemicals to our lakes and river etc. But you must have 3 year experience in the green industry to take a test to apply Roundup. Under the Dept of Agi there are different bureaus that issue Licenses. Each Bureau had different standards of Qualifying to take the test. The Pest Control Lawn & Ornamental Industry has a strong Lobby that and is against the spraying of Roundup by anyone else. Now the fact is. You can be fined $ 5,000.00 for appling Roundup or any Chemical without the proper License in Florida. There are some loop holes, but don't try and look for them, they will cost you more than they are worth.