Do I need a license in MO

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREEN MAN, Jun 26, 2006.

1. GREEN MAN

GREEN MAN LawnSite Member

Does anybody know if I need a license to spread fertilizer, lime, insecticide, weed n feed, or liquid weed killer in MO? If I do, what about spraying weed killer at no charge? ( It could help me save time in trimming on some of the properties I cut, with many trees, and the customer doesn't mind ):confused:

2. Chris@CRU

Chris@CRU LawnSite Member

Application of any "pesticide" for profit,or on property not your own, requires a license. Contact the state department of agriculture, division of pesticides. They have all the requirenments you will need. Also, insurance for liability will also be required by almost all states. We underwrite only pest control companies, and your state is one of them.
    http://www.mda.mo.gov/Pest/bureauintro.htm
    Here is the link.

3. GREEN MAN

Thanks for the info. Do you know about applying fertilizers and other products that are not a pesticide?

4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

You don't need a pesticide license to spread fertilizer, grass seed or lime.....

Weed & feed, grub control, RoundUp, etc are no-nos without a license.

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

6. BCM

BCM LawnSite Member

hey green man were abouts st louis are you? we're in st chalres

7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

you can spray anything you want as long as you dont get caught or charge for the application od the product.

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

is it true or false?

and i figured it would be more fun to not bust on the guy for asking a real question.

10. GREEN MAN

Thanks for your input from the ST. LOUIS guys. To the Florida guy :hammerhead: I like to have fun too.